the normal type of diabetes in youngsters and kids was type 1. With Type 1 diabetes, the pancreas does not make insulin. Insulin is a hormone that helps glucose,or sugar, get into your cells to give them vitality. Without Insulin, an excessive amount of sugar remains in the blood.
Kids may have a higher danger of type 2 diabetes if they are overweight or have corpul, have a family ancestry of diabetes, or are not dynamic. Youngsters who are African American, Hispanic, Native American/Alaska Native, Asian American, or Pacific Islander likewise have a higher hazard.
SYMPTOMS From TYPE 1 DIABETES IN KIDS
- frequent urination
- Extreme hunger
- Blurred vision
- Frequent Weight loss
SYMPTOMS OF TYPE 2 DIABETES IN KIDS
- frequent urination and weight loss
- frequent infection
- Blurred vision
- Darkened skin
- Slow wound healing
DIAGNOSTIC TEST FOR KIDS HAVING DIABETES
Blood sugar random test
If you have doubt that your kid may be diabetic so first you can check this test. at the time when your child last ate, an arbitrary glucose dimension of 200 milligrams for every deciliter (mg/dL), or 11.1 millimoles per liter (mmol/L), or higher recommends diabetes.
This test shows your kid’s normal glucose level back few months. In particular, the test estimates the level of glucose connected to the oxygen-conveying protein in red platelets (hemoglobin). An A1C dimension of 6.5 percent or higher on two separate tests demonstrates diabetes.
BLOOD SUGAR FASTING TEST
A blood sample is taken after your child fasts for at least eight hours, or overnight
- fasting blood sugar level below 100 mg/dL (5.6 mmol/L) is considered normal.
- A fasting blood sugar level from 100 to 125 mg/dL (5.6 to 7.0 mmol/L) is considered prediabetes — which indicates a high risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- A fasting blood sugar level of 126 mg/dL (7.0 mmol/L) or higher indicates type 2 diabetes.
CAUSES OF DIABETES TO YOUR KID
- Anyone with a parent with type 1 diabetes has a slightly increased risk of developing the condition.
- The presence of certain genes indicates an increased risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
- In the United States, type 1 diabetes is more common among non-Hispanic white children than among other races.
- Exposure to various viruses may trigger the autoimmune destruction of the islet cells.
- No specific dietary factor or nutrient in infancy has been shown to play a role in the development of type 1 diabetes.
- Insulin is the only medicine that can keep your kid blood sugar levels in a healthy range so give it properly.
- The acids and digestive juices in the stomach and intestines can break down and destroy insulin if it is swallowed, so it can’t be taken as a pill
- Eating a balanced diet and following a meal plan are important parts of type 1 diabetes treatment.
- Monitoring your kid’s Blood Sugar Levels regularly .
- your child needs plenty of fruits, vegetables and whole grains — foods that are high in nutrition and low in fat and calories.
- Encourage your child to get regular physical activity for at least an hour a day and, better yet, exercise with your child.
To bring down the danger of type 2 diabetes in kids
- Have them maintain a healthy weight
- Be sure they are physically active
- Have them eat smaller portions of healthy foods
- Limit time with the TV, computer, and video
- Teaching your child the importance of eating a healthy diet and participating in regular physical activity
- following a proper meal plan (diet chart) for kids
- cow urine is scientifically proven to enhance the working of effected pancreas.
- to wear diabetes bracelet of your kid is compulsory .