About the Organization:
MAHAVIR SIKSHAN SANSTHAN is a registered, Society Registration act 21,1860 working for last 7 years, non-government; secular, non-political, non-profiting making grassroots rural development organization managed by the community leaders themselves through a democratic process. It operates a hospital at Kanpur & health programs in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, West Bangal and NCR Delhi for the children, adolescents, women and families with a holistic approach. Mahavir Sikshan Sansthan works with the poorest of the poor, BPL, minorities and Dalits. The organization has started its activities in the year 2012 covering 100,000 population at the initial stage. Later the activities extended throughout the District through nutritional intervention of the children and health related interventions for the Adolescents and mothers.
Mahavir Shikshan sansthan is Working with Jain hospital and NHM for treatment and Management of BPL and Periurban Slum Antenatal and other Patients specially helping in detection and treatment of Gestational Diabetes, Diabetes and NCD Patients..
“Establishment of a society where the children, families and communities will enjoy the opportunity for growth, health & development, human rights, freedom, justice, education through active participation in the development process irrespective of caste, creed, colour, sex and religion.”
“To create an environment for the deprived & disadvantaged communities for sustainable development and empowerment through promoting Community based Organizations with a focus on children, Children’s clubs, Women SHGs and people centered natural resource management to ensure health and food security and other developmental needs in the blocks in convergence with Government NHM and rural development services / programs’.Profile of the Area: Legally whole India but at present active in Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and NCR area. We are Expanding our Work in backward Districts of Bundelkhand area of Uttar Pradesh from 2018 onward, and in Africa and Bangladesh from 2018
- We create partnerships with civil societies, NGOs and National and International Government to assist people with NCDs, diabetes and those at risk, acting as a catalyst to help others do more.
- We link people and best human resources to educate and empower globally, Specially in developing countries
- We aim to empower local communities to achieve Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs).
- We aim to achieve 17 Global Goals as set by United Nation by 2030
- We encourage innovative strategies to prevent diabetes and non communicable diseases i.e cardiovascular disease, hypertension, stroke, Obesity, Cancer and lifestyle diseases.
- We aim to achieve implementation and accessibility of Sexual and Reproductive health to Women and adolescent age group.
- We aim to achieve linking meternal health with Non Communicable Diseases in later life.