n Western India the focus in more on two major states – Maharashtra and Gujarat. Since, the food habits of people in these regions differ, two different diet plans have been recommended.
- Warm water with lemon juice.
- Green tea without sugar or artificial sweeteners. You can have two digestive biscuits with the tea.
- 1 bowl or 1 cup poha and 2 banana.
- Breakfast can include 1,000 calories or more with astronomical amounts of carbohydrates and fats.
- Cucumber, tomato, carrot, and beetroot salad. Add a dash of lime, and garnish with coriander leaves and a few mint leaves.
- 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk
- Boil the veggies, if you cannot eat them raw. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, and a little butter.
- 2 cups white rice ,2 chappatis with oil or ghee, 1 cup umpti (toor dal with jaggery and tamarind) ½ cup batata chi bhaji (Potato curry) ¼ cup cucumber koshimbir (salad) with peanut powder and phodni. 1 cup yogurt or buttermilk
- 1 cup of tea(sugar free ) or hot water
- 2 chappatis with oil or ghee. 1 cup mooga chi usal (mung dal) with fresh grated cocunut. 1 serving of fried fish. 1 cup kokum kadi (kokum fruit in coconut milk)
During bed time
- One glass of warm milk with a pinch of raw ground turmeric
- take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar