You will have heard that eating sugar is the main reason for diabetes, but it is just a myth because diabetes maybe who do not consume much sugar. The truth is that diabetes does not start with sugar only but then begins when something changes your body’s energy into food.
Diabetes may be of the following reasons:
Causes of diabetes to your kid
- Anyone with a parent with type 1 diabetes has a slightly increased risk of developing the condition.
- The presence of certain genes indicates an increased risk of developing type 1 diabetes.
- In the United States, type 1 diabetes is more common among non-Hispanic white children than among other races.
- Exposure to various viruses may trigger the autoimmune destruction of the islet cells.
- No specific dietary factor or nutrient in infancy has been shown to play a role in the development of type 1 diabetes.
Causes of type 2 diabetes
- lack of physical activity are the most common cause of type 2 diabetes.
- When the pancreas produces very little insulin.
- When the body does not respond appropriately to insulin, a condition called “insulin resistance.”
- Dietary factors are often viewed as a prominent cause of diabetes and often incorrect assumptions that it is the only factor linked to a cause are made.
- Research indicates that Unbalanced diet can play an important part in type 2 diabetes.
Causes of gestational diabetes
- If you have prediabetes — slightly elevated blood sugar, you may be gestational diabetes.
- You’re also more likely to develop gestational diabetes if you had diabetes during a previous pregnancy.
- if you delivered a baby who weighed more than 9 pounds (4.1 kilograms) or if you had an unexplained stillbirth.
- You’re more likely to develop gestational diabetes if you’re significantly overweight
- a family history of type 2 diabetes